Paul R. Hays
Treasurer CPA, Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Paul is the principal in charge of the assurance practice in the Tampa office of CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP. Paul has more than 20 years of accounting experience. He specializes in working with technology companies that are venture capital or private equity backed to assist them with financial reporting compliance requirements based upon their existing financing and equity arrangements. In addition, Paul is very familiar with complex accounting issues related to mergers and acquisitions, revenue recognition and equity awards and transactions. He was hand-selected to assist three clients in successful exits of existing portfolio companies, all in excess of $60M each. Paul is also in charge of the Technology and Emerging Growth industry group in the Southeast for CliftonLarsonAllen.
Paul also assists franchisors and franchisees with reporting and tax compliance as well as working with them to structure agreements to achieve results.
He has also had significant experience, both globally and domestically, with Ernst & Young in their assurance practice as well as serving as a CFO for an energy services company specializing in the delivery of engineering, procurement and construction management support in the power industry.
- Technology and software companies
- Emerging growth
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture Capital/Private Equity
- Bachelor’s of science in accounting from LeMoyne College in Syracuse, New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Presentation at the SageIntacct software national conference related to the new revenue recognition standard - October 2017
- Presentation to the Tampa International Franchise Association related to the new revenue recognition standard - August 2017
- Participant - panel discussion at the 2011 Florida Venture Forum annual conference
- Former Treasurer of the Board of Directors of the Tampa Bay Technology Forum
- Former President of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Finance Committee of Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful
- Former Treasurer of STAR Technology Enterprise Center
- Former Member of the Florida Institute of CFO's
- Graduate – Class of 2011 Leadership Tampa
- Graduate – Class of 2008 Tampa Connection
- Member – Class of 2018 Leadership Tampa Bay